About the Program
Unlike most international exchange programs which only cater to university students, Cultural Vistas’ Train USA program specifically caters to professionals who already have academic degrees.
If you have already received an internship offer with a host company in the U.S., our Train USA program will enable you to stay in the country for up to 18 months as you gain experience within your professional field through the J-1 Trainee Visa.
Beyond new perspectives in your field, improved language skills, and the enormous potential for personal development, there are many other ways to benefit from a work-based program abroad:
- Improve the competitiveness of your resume with impressive global experience
- Expand professional expertise and gain highly in-demand cultural competencies
- Leave your “comfort zone” and fully immerse yourself into a new culture and environment
- Build professional knowledge and important “soft skills” which are beneficial across a wide range of fields
- Gain new career perspectives for your return to Germany
These are the most important eligibility criteria to participate in the Train USA program for candidates with apprenticeship credentials:
- Have completed an apprenticeship (Berufsausbildung) or acquired relevant work experience resulting in five collective years of full-time professional experience
- On-the-job experience during an apprenticeship counts towards those five years if it encompassed 32 hours per week, or more, at the workplace
- Work placement in the U.S. is closely related to professional field
- Exclusions apply to certain fields, including craft and construction trades; professions that involve patient contact or care of children or the elderly; as well as unskilled professions